ABS plastics are relatively inexpensive, incredibly durable, and lightweight. If your project needs ABS plastic cut with precision, Micron Laser’s team of ABS laser cutting experts are ready to help.
At Micron Laser Technology, our laser process technicians have undergone specific on-the-job training to work with a number of plastic materials. We personally tailor our services to meet your expectations. How can we help with your laser cutting ABS plastic requirements?
How Is ABS Plastic Used?
It may be important to understand what ABS plastic is. ABS stands for acrylonitrile butadiene styrene. This is a common type of polymer that is used in injection molding applications. Injection molding plays a significant role in the three-dimensional printing industry; however, it is also used in other settings as well. A few common examples include:
- Medical equipment
- Materials for the electronics industry.
- Automotive part manufacturing applications
- Military applications, particularly aerospace and aeronautics
What Are the Advantages of Using ABS Plastic when Laser Cutting?
There are several advantages you will benefit from when working with laser cut ABS plastic. These may include:
- ABS plastic has a very low melting point, which means it is relatively easy to use during the injection molding process.
- ABS plastic has a very high tensile strength, meaning it will not break down easily under stress.
- ABS plastic is also popular because it is resistant to chemical corrosion, making it applicable in the electronics, medical, and biosciences fields.
- ABS plastic can also stand up to a wide variety of physical impacts, making it one of the most durable materials available.
Is It Hard to Use a Laser To Cut ABS Plastic?
Even though ABS plastic is very common for fabricating or molding a variety of plastic parts, ABS may not be the easiest material to work with because of its relatively low melting point. Micron Laser utilizes laser processes that minimize the amount of possible edge melt or even visible ‘heat affect’ to ensure you get the best results possible.
Why Are Lasers The Best Way To Cut ABS Plastic?
There are many reasons why we like to use laser cut ABS plastic. These may include:
- more accurate, precise cuts
- reduce collateral damage to adjacent nested parts
- withstand a wide variety of stresses, both physical and chemical
- very efficient and low cost
- low scrap rate or material waste
Contact Micron Laser Technology Today for Laser Cut ABS Plastic
Ultimately, if you are looking for the best results possible when it comes to your laser cut plastics, then look no further than Micron Laser Technology. No matter what industry you operate in, we are confident in a laser solution for processing ABS plastic.
Give us a call today to learn more about our fast, cost-effective laser cutting ABS plastic services!