‘Kiss-cuts’ are controlled, limited depth contours into a material but not through. Micron Laser Technology provides laser kiss cutting services for consumer products, original equipment manufacturers, and printed circuit board manufacturers, as well as other customers in the aerospace, transportation, and medical industries.
Our process is ideal for a tooling free cutting solution for just-in-time manufacturing (JIT) and very accurate in a variety of materials including label stock with PSA, double-sided adhesives, plastics, textiles, abrasives and sticky materials that are likely to stick to a conventional cutting blade.
Common kiss-cut applications include decals, stickers, and fluidics to name a few. MLT’s numerous laser machining centers are equipped to handle volumes from prototyping to long production runs.
For more information about laser cutting for printed circuit boards, click to READ MORE…
Micron Laser Technology kiss-cutting has the following advantages:
- No Tooling Cost
- Unlimited cutting path in all directions unlike other processes that use knives or saws.
- Enables varying cut shapes on the fly without changing tools.
- Material formats in both flat sheets or roll form with reduced scrap areas.
- Smaller feature sizes produced with 1 mil laser tool.
- Thermal cutting prevents sticky materials from gum-up on traditional dies or blades.
- Stress-free nature that helps increase yield for delicate or component loaded materials.
CAD system integration and custom file converters enable flexible, laser manufacturing from customer-provided data. Although most file types are accepted, the preferred file types are Gerber, DXF, or other 2D formats.
For more CAM/CAD guidelines and detailed requirements, click CAD Requirements.