Aerospace and Defense Laser Services
Micron Laser Technology manufactures precision shims, gaskets, EMI shields, washers, metal parts and laser processes of circuit boards for the aerospace industry. MLT is an ITAR registered company and certified to ISO9001 and AS9100C quality standards.
Many components must meet harsh or extreme conditions related to wear, corrosion, temperature, and electrical performance. Laser machining of composite materials play a significant role in current and future aerospace components. Composite materials are exceptional in strength and stiffness-to-density ratios.
Laser Services that Take Flight
Well known composite materials used in the aerospace industries include carbon- and glass-fibre-reinforced plastic (CFRP and GFRP). The choice of laser wavelength for aerospace manufacturing applications is one of the key considerations.
MLT utilizes several laser tools for fabricating aerospace and defense components including CO2 and fiber lasers. Carbon dioxide or CO2 lasers are one of the earliest used in aerospace manufacturing. The CO2 laser wavelength is in the far infrared at 10.6 μm and is is good for drilling and cutting non-metallic materials. The fiber laser wavelength is in the near infrared at 1.07 μm and has a high beam quality for drilling small holes and cutting most metallic materials.
• 331221 – Rolled Steel Shape Manufacturing
• 332322 – Sheet Metal Work Manufacturing
• 332439 – Other Metal Container Manufacturing
• 332510 – Hardware Manufacturing
• 332710 – Machine Shops
• 332722 – Bolt, Nut, Screw, Rivet, and Washer Manufacturing
• 332812 – Metal Coating, Engraving and Allied Services to Manufacturers – Marking/Serialization
• 332999 – All Other Miscellaneous Fabricated Metal Product Manufacturing (Shims)
• 334417 – Electronic Connector Manufacturing
• 336999 – All Other Transportation Equipment Manufacturing
• 339991 – Gasket, Packing, and Sealing Device Manufacturing
• 339999 – All Other Miscellaneous Manufacturing – Laser Drilling
Whether your program is commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) or mission critical, our laser fabrication parts and laser services promote cost reduction, performance improvement, and accelerated development cycles. Additional laser services include military (DoD) compliant laser part marking and barcodes to the MIL-STD-130M standard.
Whether prototypes or volume manufacturing, one of our application engineers are ready to review your design. To request a quote or discuss application details, contact our sales staff or submit a Request for Quote.